Website Manager

Content

SVSC Board meetings are held the third Thursday of each month, at 7 p.m., which are open meetings.  The meetings are currently held at St. Rita Social Hall, 219 W. Schwab Ave., Munhall, PA  15120.  The Board does not meet every month, so please contact the President to confirm whether there will be a meeting on any given third Thursday of the month, as well as the location.
1/18/18 Board Minutes:
Attending: Pavlick, Perhacs, Jordan, Anstiss, Bulger.
Meeting called to order at 7:05 p.m.  Jordan reviewed monthly financial report.  Registration update was given by Pavlick: registration is slightly ahead of last Spring's pace.  Discussion was had about how to continue to promote registration.  Perhacs discussed composition of older boys teams, and whether there would be two or three older boys teams.  It was agreed that until final registration numbers come in, the Club cannot commit to two or three teams.  Bulger updated that field permit applications were submitted.  Also, Bulger explained that the A-Field's project completion date is April 13, 2018.  Since travel season begins April 8, 2018, discussion was had about alternative fields.  Perhacs explained that he had talked to Cool Springs, and while the price was very high, he though there might be some room to negotiate lower rates.  Pavlick explained that Woodlawn Hills Soccer acknowledged his inquiry about use of its turf field behind the HS, and they were looking into it.  In the meantime, it was agreed that Pavlick would reach out to District Director to see if Steel Valley's older teams could be scheduled away for the first four games of the season and home for the last four games of the season, to possibly eliminate the need to find a replacement field for part of the Spring.  Discussion was had about starting an inhouse Futsal program (games only) next winter, using Barrett Gymnasium.  The scope of the program depends on the availability of the Barrett, but typically at least Friday nights are available, which would allow the Club to run a program for approximately 40 players (6 teams).  Of course, if more dates were available, the program could be expanded.  It was debated which was the best age group for the program.  Pavlick and Bulger agreed to attend a Futsal licensing course and to educate potential coaches on Futsal rules and strategies.  Pavlick also said he would look into training for youth referees interested in reffing games.  It was agreed that the Club could use the existing U8 goals for the program, so the expenses would be limited to insurance, registration with PA West or US Futsal, referees, and no bounce Futsal balls.  Discussion was had about surveying Club members about potential changes to team assignment procedures, but it was decided to leave the current procedures in place.  Night at the Races was discussed.  It is scheduled for April 7 at St. Rita.  The Hall has been paid for and liquor insurance purchased.  The caller has also been retained.  Various tasks were identified.  Sponsor letters are in the process of going out, the menu is being sourced, it was discussed that a meat option would be offered and that all food would be prepared in advance to avoid waits for food.   Finally, Pavlick discussed the new coaching license pathways and that, for now, the Club did not know what the entry level license would be, as the F and E licenses are eliminated.  Meeting adjourned at 8:51 p.m.
12/21/17 Board Minutes:
Attending: Pavlick, Karstetter, Perhacs, Jordan.
Meeting called to order at 7:03 p.m.  Nominations accepted for officer positions fro 2018-19: Pavlick (President), Perhacs (Vice-President), Jordan (Treasurer), Bulger (Secretary). With no other nominations, a motion to appoint those individuals was made and approved.  Cara Karstetter is reappointed Registrar.  Club finances were reviewed.  Club has approximately $18,000 in reserve at year's end.  Registration opened on 12/20/17.  Four players have registered so far without any issues being reported.  Coaches meeting held on 12/20 was reviewed and tentative team declarations discussed.  Finally, discussion was had regarding the potential unavailability of Campbell Field in Spring 2018.  Issues with West Field use discussed, and given Borough Mmanager's position to allow only baseball to be played at West Field, it is unlikely Club will have access to West Field in Spring 2018.  Alternative fields were discussed.  Pavlick explained that neither West Mifflin nor McKeesport SD had responded to requests for rental of HS field in Spring.  Grass fields in Swissvale and Duquesne were discussed, but problem is that fields are not lined and goals are not on site.  Pavlick agreed to check with Woodland Hills regarding use of their soccer field.  Meeting adjourned at 8:33 p.m. 
11/16/17 Board Minutes:
Attending: Perhacs, Karstetter, R. Anstiss, T. Anstiss, Jen Wellman
Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m.  Motion to accept all applications submitted for Board positions.  Motion approved.  Board members for 2018-19 are Mike Pavlick, Jim Bulger, Rob Jordan, Mark Perhacs. Cara Karstetter and Rachelle Anstiss.  Other business: new pod purchased and delivered for $2400; bylaws and club policies discussed; board members advised to watch FB posts etc. and to represent Club in both word and deed; coaches meeting with boys to be scheduled (boys teams may change a bit in the Spring).  Meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
10/20/17 Board Minutes:
Attending: Pavlick, Jordan, Perhacs, Karstetter, Bulger.
Meeting called to order at 7:06 p.m.  Club finances reviewed.  Board agreed to contract with someone to aerate and seed St. Therese field.  Estimated cost is $1200.  Pavlick updated on search for new pod.  Cost is estimated to be between $2000 and $2500.  New Bownet goals have been ordered.  Board discussed elections at AGM in November.  Pavlick thanked Board for their work and encouraged them to submit a nominating letter for new two-year term.  The Board discussed holding boys travel meeting to get a head start for Spring 2017.  Meeting will be held in upcoming weeks.  Board also discussed clinics.  Tuesdays and Fridays available at Barrett.  Topics discussed included: Key technical skills through the developmental years; U6/U8 coaching; defensive principles; Laws of the Game; tactics for 11v11 soccer.  Club will pay for F license for attendees.  Meeting adjourned at 8:38 p.m.
9/21/17 Board Minutes:
Attending: Pavlick, Karstetter, Jordan, Bulger.
Meeting called to order at 7:05 p.m.  Club finances reviewed.  It appears Club is losing money on new  uniform program.  It was unanimously agreed that beginning next Fall, Club will only pay for maroon shirt for travel players every two years (previously, Club paid for shorts and socks as well).  Players can purchase travel shorts/socks at uniform sales as needed.  Club will also review whether charges for inhouse uniforms are adequate.  November elections were discussed.  Current Board is six members; it was generally agreed that best size for Board was 5 to 7 members.  It was discussed that the Bownet goals, which are 6-8 years old, are beginning to show signs of advanced wear and tear.  It was unanimously agreed to purchase new Bownet goals.  Estimated cost is $1200.  Discussion was had about whether to purchase another pod to supplement the existing pod due to overcrowding.  It was unanimously agreed to review to pursue the purchase of another pod, pending approval from St. Therese to place it on site.  It is believed that a used 20-foot pod will cost roughly $2000.  April 8, 2018 was confirmed for Night at the Races, pending availability of St. Rita Social Hall.  Discussion was had about holding a series of clinics to encourage parents and others to consider coaching or at least take a more active role in their childrens' soccer experiences.  The purpose of the coaching clinics would be to demystify soccer and and provide attendees with practical tools needed to coach, work with their children, or simply better understand the game.  Possible topics included: Coaching U6/U8 Soccer; Coaching U12 Inhouse and U10/12 Travel; Middle School Level Soccer; High School Level Soccer; Defending in Soccer; and Understanding the Rules of Soccer.  Jim Bulger agreed to look into getting a gym one night a week for 4-6 weeks in November/December for purposes of hosting clinics.  It was discussed whether participation could/should be incentivised financially or otherwise.  Club may try to run registration through the website.  Finally, it was discussed whether the Club could run a winter futsal program.  Jim Bulger to look into availability of gyms and, depending on availability, further discussion will be held.  Question was raised whether this could be run through PA West for insurance purposes, or whether we would need to register everything through US Futsal or US Youth Fustal.  Meeting adjourned at 8:13 p.m.